ERROR Tableau Writer (Hyper) 0:156

Dear KNIME Community,

I am trying to create a hyper file for my Tableau Desktop application. Unfortunately, I get the following error message every time I am trying to create the file:

ERROR Tableau Writer (Hyper) 0:156 Execute failed: Unable to initialize Tableau backend ‘Tableau Hyper’, please follow the installation instructions in the node description. Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.tableausoftware.hyperextract.ExtractAPI

Has anyone experienced this before and/or would be able to help here?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Dora

Hi Dora,

could you please follow the instructions for Tableau extension installation from here? The problem seems to be that you have the extensions that contain the nodes, but the extension with the Hyper back-end support was not installed. or the PATH variable has not been configured.

Cheers,
Misha

Hi Misha,

I did everything exactly how it is described in the manual. Unfortunately, it still does not work.
By any chance, do you know what could be the problem here?

Thank you.

Best,
Dora

That’s a good starting point (I assume you have installed extensions, updated the PATH environmental variable and installed Visual C++).
Just to cross check the basics:

1. Did you fully close KNIME and start it over again? (simple Restart function did not help in my case)
  2. Could you please check that Tableau binary path is added to the PATH? for example on windows you can open a terminal (Start->Command prompt) and execute path command. On linux it would be echo $PATH in a terminal. Not sure about MacOS.

If those basic things do not help, check out this earlier discussion of a similar problem: Connecting Knime 3.6 with Tableau Node ExctractAPI error

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.