Error when trying to run the Parallel Coordinates Plot (JavaScript)

Hi,

when I want to use the Parallel Coordinates Plot (JavaScript) node, I get the following error:

ERROR Parallel Coordinates Plot (JavaScript) 0:217 Creating view HTML failed: null
ERROR Parallel Coordinates Plot (JavaScript) 0:217 Initializing view failed: Headless browser can not be initialized. Image generation not possible.

I use the KNIME Analytics Platform 3.7.1 on Windows 10. I already tried to change the headless browser in the JavaScript Views settings from the default Chromium to one of the other two, but the behaviour doesn’t change: If I execute the node, it “freezes” around 40%, and when I cancel, I see the abovementioned error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
Otto

Hi Otto!

Welcome to KNIME community!

Do you have Generate Image option enabled or disabled? Does this happen only with Parallel Coordinates Plot or any JavaScript based node?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Thank you!

I have the option Generate Image enabled, but I realized this actually happens with all the JavaScript nodes.
I also found out that if I wait when the node freezes at 40%, it times out and gives the following error after half a minute or so:

ERROR Line Plot (JavaScript) 0:85 Could not initialize Chrome driver. Timed out waiting for driver server to start.
Build info: version: ‘unknown’, revision: ‘unknown’, time: ‘unknown’
System info: […], os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_152’
Driver info: driver.version: ChromeDriver
ERROR Line Plot (JavaScript) 0:85 Initializing view failed: Could not initialize Chrome driver. Check log for more details.
The browser can be configured in Preferences -> KNIME -> JavaScript Views

This also holds for a minimal working example with only one table loader node and one JavaScript node in my workflow.

Otto

Hi Otto!

Sry for a later response. What OS are you using and what KNIME version?

Can you send a log file cause there should be more information?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

I use the KNIME Analytics Platform 3.7.1 on Windows 10. The relevant output from the log file is attached. I just had a File Reader and a Table View (JavaScript) node in the workflow.

Thank you,
Otto

Error_log.txt (6.2 KB)

I found the reason for the Chrome driver error: I am using a proxy on my computer, which I have to bypass switching the Active Provider in the KNIME Preferences/General/Network Connections from “Native” to “Manual”. Now all JavaScript nodes are working, at least the ones I tried so far.

1 Like

Hi Otto!

Glad it works now. I did check your log but did not find anything and was trying to get help from a colleague.

If any questions/issues feel free to come back to us.

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.