Error with Excel Reader (XLS)

Hi everyone,

I hope all of you are fine.

I need your help with an error when I’m using the Excel Reader (XLS) Node.

So, to explain you, I used to use a workflow working fine, but I updated the new version of Knime, the Excel reader node is " deprecetaded ".

So, I’m trying to replace it with a new Excel Reader node, but i’m not sure to use the good configuration and I have an error :
(Execute failed: org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidFormatException: Package should contain a content type part [M1.13]).

In my workflow I use firstly a list File node to retrieve the path of my files, then I use a table Row to Variable Loop start node to store the path in a variable. Then i use this variable as a flow variable in the Excel Reader node. But I have this execute fail that I mentioned above.

So i don’t know how to fix it, if you can help me, it will be very nice.

Thank you.

Hi there @Grayfox,

from which version and to which version did you update? Error comes up upon executing or configuring node? Do you have workflow example that reproduces this error and which you can share?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

I think is beetween the 4.0 and the 4.1.2. I don’t know how to share a workflow and how it’s work when you have confidential data.

But this is how work my worflow

The loop work for each files but in the end I have this error, and I don’t know how.

@ipazin I think it’s from the path, when the path of the files is from to my desktop; it’s seem to be working but when the file is from the network local of my compagny, i have this error.

Hi there @Grayfox,

sry for a dealy on this one. Got buried down somehow. Did you manage to solve it?

With new Excel Reader there is also setting Read from… where you select a file system which stores the data you want to read. So if you in a loop have both files from desktop and network you have to set up this config properly as well.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.