ERROR with JFreeChart nodes - workflows are destroyed

Dear KNIMEler,

I observed a very nasty bug in the current KNIME version 4.1.2. When loading a workflow with any JFreeChart node in I get an error at loading: “Errors during load - Reason: testWF 3 loaded with errors” and all JFreeChart nodes are gone!

However, the bug is very simply to reproduce:

1. Create a new WF
  2. Drag one JFreeChart node into the WF
  3. Save the WF
  4. Load the WF
    … as a result, you see the error message and an empty WF!

The nasty thing is, that this bug is destroying every WF having some JFreeChart-nodes and using the JS nodes causes problems due to very strict security constraints (blocking build in Chrome).

Hope you can provide a fix soon!

Best
Erich

Hello Erich,
I just tried it on my Laptop with macOS and could not observe the described behaviour. I am also using KNIME 4.1.2. Could you check something for me? When you open the workflow folder in your file system browser (Windows Explorer, Finder, Terminal, …) you find a directory for each node. In such a directory, there is a settings.xml file. Could you upload the settings.xml file for a JFreeChart node in such a broken workflow here? I am most interested in this part:

<entry key="factory" type="xstring" value="org.knime.ext.jfc.node.barchart.JfcBarChartNodeFactory"/>
<entry key="node-name" type="xstring" value="Bar Chart (JFreeChart)"/>
<entry key="node-bundle-name" type="xstring" value="KNIME JFreeChart nodes"/>
<entry key="node-bundle-symbolic-name" type="xstring" value="org.knime.ext.jfreechart"/>
<entry key="node-bundle-vendor" type="xstring" value="KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland"/>
<entry key="node-bundle-version" type="xstring" value="4.1.0.v201911110939"/>

It tells KNIME where to load the node from and which version it is.
Kind regards
Alexander

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.