ERROR XTandemAdapter

Dear all,

When i am running  XTandemAdapter , i am getting following error some one help how i can slove this problem?  

ERROR XTandemAdapter       0:11       Failing process stdout: [Progress of 'loading spectra list':, ,   3.45 %               ,   11.19 %               ,   16.21 %               ,   22.92 %               ,   28.94 %               ,   33.18 %               ,   38.22 %               ,   40.11 %               ,   41.59 %               ,   44.33 %               ,   48.93 %               ,   54.43 %               ,   63.22 %               ,   73.77 %               ,   80.33 %               Error: Unable to read file (- due to that error of type Parse Error in: /Users/aiche/KNIME_PACKAGING/OpenMS/src/openms/source/FORMAT/HANDLERS/XMLHandler.cpp@104-<unknown>)]

ERROR XTandemAdapter       0:11       Failing process stderr: [/Users/aiche/KNIME_PACKAGING/OpenMS/src/openms/source/FORMAT/HANDLERS/XMLHandler.cpp(103): While loading '/Users/anamikamishra/Documents/Proteomics_data/18052016_NISHAD_ITRAQ_13.mzML': input ended before all started tags were ended; last tag started is 'spectrumList'( in line 352585 column 1)]

ERROR XTandemAdapter       0:11       Execute failed: Failed to execute node XTandemAdapter

Hello nayaganviji,

the error

While loading '/Users/anamikamishra/Documents/Proteomics_data/18052016_NISHAD_ITRAQ_13.mzML':
input ended before all started tags were ended;
last tag started is 'spectrumList'( in line 352585 column 1)]

indicates that your mzML file is incomplete and ends 

unexpectedly, i.e. was truncated.

This can have multiple reasons. Usually the converter which created the 

mzML file ran out of disk space or encountered a bad input file (we've 

seen this a couple of times with Thermo .Raw files).

Optional step: You can confirm that the file is truncated by inspecting 

its last couple of lines with a text editor. If the file is too big, it 

probably wont open and you need a more specialized tool [1].

To fix the underlying issue, check the original *Raw file* from the 

instrument:

- can you open it with the instruments software? If not, the Raw file 

itself is already broken -- either discard the Raw file from analysis or 

ask an expert to at least partially rescue the data

- If the Raw file is fine, try to convert it again; make surethe 

conversion tool goes throuh smoothly.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Chris and Julianus

[1] http://stackify.com/11-ways-to-tail-a-log-file-on-windows-unix/

Hi Chris and Julianus,

Yes. you are correct. my one of the file was incomplete. Myself once again i run ms convert noe the problem solved. Thanks for your kind response. 

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.