Errors in installing/importing Guided Analytics for ML Automation in Knime Desktop Platform

Hi everyone!

I was so excited about using Guided Analytic (ML Automation), so I downloaded and imported, then after faced a list of problems you can see at the bottom of this post. It was the same story when I tried to open it directly from web.

Would you please help me with what should I do to resolved these issues.

P.S. > My list was longer at first, I made it shorter by adding some nodes listed in the Guided Analytics page. https://kni.me/w/eAGfGtEAIr-1iYR-

My Knime version is KNIME 4.1.3

Thanks !

ERRORS LIST:

Some Node Link Updates failed
Unable to check for update on node “Header 0:46:0:0”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Header
Unable to check for update on node “Header 0:47:0:0”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Header
Unable to check for update on node “Header 0:663:0:0”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Header
Unable to check for update on node “Header 0:396:0:0”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Header
Unable to check for update on node “Header 0:382:0:0”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Header
Unable to check for update on node “Header 0:398:0:0”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Header
Unable to check for update on node “Header 0:407:0:0”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Header
Unable to check for update on node “Apply Cluster Distance 0:682:0:397:0:389:435:209”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Apply_Feature_Creation\Apply Cluster Distance
Unable to check for update on node “Apply PCA 0:682:0:397:0:389:446:167”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Apply_Feature_Creation\Apply PCA
Unable to check for update on node “Feature Interaction 0:682:0:397:0:389:441:439”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Apply_Feature_Creation\Feature Interaction
Unable to check for update on node “Transformations 0:682:0:397:0:389:447:199”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Apply_Feature_Creation\Transformations
Unable to check for update on node “Model switch 0:682:0:381:0:165:177”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Model switch
Unable to check for update on node “log_regression_Get first target value 0:682:0:381:0:165:196”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Models\classification\learning_templates\log_regression_Get first target value
Unable to check for update on node “h2o_naive_learning 0:682:0:381:0:165:180”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Models\classification\learning_templates\h2o_naive_learning
Unable to check for update on node “dec_tree_learning 0:682:0:381:0:165:216”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Models\classification\learning_templates\dec_tree_learning
Unable to check for update on node “h2o_rndfor_learning 0:682:0:381:0:165:181”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Models\classification\learning_templates\h2o_rndfor_learning
Unable to check for update on node “h2o_gbm_learning 0:682:0:381:0:165:182”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Models\classification\learning_templates\h2o_gbm_learning
Unable to check for update on node “h2o_glm_learning 0:682:0:381:0:165:193”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Models\classification\learning_templates\h2o_glm_learning
Unable to check for update on node “svm_learning 0:682:0:381:0:165:218”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Models\classification\learning_templates\svm_learning
Unable to check for update on node “xgboost_learning 0:682:0:381:0:165:222”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Models\classification\learning_templates\xgboost_learning
Unable to check for update on node “mlp_learning 0:682:0:381:0:165:192”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Models\classification\learning_templates\mlp_learning
Unable to check for update on node “log_regression_learning 0:682:0:381:0:165:191”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Models\classification\learning_templates\log_regression_learning
Unable to check for update on node “Model switch 0:682:0:381:0:210:0”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Model switch
Unable to check for update on node “Header 0:680:0:0”: Can’t read metanode/template directory …\knime-workspace\01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation…\Templates\Header

Hi, sorry for the delay.
Guided Automation is not made of a single workflow but many of them.

From your error I can see the links between your main Workflow and the other Components are failing.

My assumption is that what you downloaded is only the main workflow. To make it work you need to download first the entire workflow folder and only then open it in your KNIME Analytics Platform (dekstop KNIME tool).

To do this go here: https://hub.knime.com/knime/spaces/Examples/latest/50_Applications/36_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation/01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation/

and download using the button shown in this screenshot.

Then import to KNIME Analytics Platform, open the workflow “01_Guided_Analytics_for_ML_Automation” and execute all nodes.

You should be able to inspect the views and change the input data by replacing the first component in the workflow.

This workflow is quite useful when performing a complex AutoML procedure via KNIME WebPortal on KNIME Server. That is you make the workflow available via a detailed web browser application to others who do not want to install KNIME and are not super familiar with machine learning.

Of course it works on KNIME Analytics Platform, but the size of the workflow and the various interactive views with “Close and Apply” procedures do not make it super easy to do on a daily basis.

This week a new AutoML Component came out for you to drag and drop from the KNIME Hub to your workflow and start training dozens of models via the new extension Integrated Deployment.

Check it out here:

The Component has everything inside and it can still be deployed to KNIME WebPortal using a workflow such as this one:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.