Eureqa

Hello,

Recently I was working on a Eureqa KNIME plugin. It is still in the early stages, so if you have ideas, remarks regarding it, those are welcome. A video is available about the plugin and a presentation also available.

Update: For those who want to give a try: a site has been created. Feedbacks are welcome.

Cheers, gabor

Hi,

This seems like a useful node around Eureqa.

I've been trying to use it without success on just a basic test set of data, but I'm getting the error:

ERROR Eureqa Search Execute failed: Server (127.0.0.122112) is busy or not running.

Any advice ?

Also, why does it need to connect to a server, can this not be achieved on the local PC ? Also using a server will limit its use to non-confidential data. 

Thanks,

Simon. 

Hi Simon,

You can use the server available from the Eureqa api project, or from the Eureqa download site (I think those are the same). You can use it locally naturally, sorry about the non-ambiguous documentation, I will update it.

The client/server setup is not my choice, but it is useful, as it allows to distribute the computation intensive tasks to powerful computers.

I hope you will have success using it. Thanks for trying it. Cheers, gabor

Hi Gabor,

I still have trouble getting any server to work,it just times out everytime saying busy or not running. I've turned off my firewall,and the issue remains. I've tried the default server/port settings and also the one at the Eureqa api/download site.

If its possible to not use the server and run the calculation on my local PC would be great but I see no option for that.

Any ideas what is going wrong ?

Simon.

Hi Simon,

What kind of OS are you using? It should work on Windows (with 32 bit KNIME and the Visual C++ 2010 redistributable package), and Linux (64 bit KNIME). (Based on your error message this is not a problem, just checking.)

It is not possbile to not use server, but your PC can be the server and the client too, I guess that does not require any firewall changes usually.

The bad news is that the Boost library used in Eureqa does not support proxies (to be fair, I do not know how to do that), so the client cannot connect to the server through proxy, only a direct TCP/IP connection is an option.

Sorry, I have no other better ideas yet.

Ah, well mine is going through proxy rather than direct TCP/IP connection, so I guess this is the issue as to why I cannot use it. This is a real shame.

My OS is Windows Vista, 3Gb Ram, and 32Bit.

Simon.

You cannot use the server even locally? That's really sad.

Hmm. I think I will check the proxy related stuff again and ask an advice from the Eureqa guys. Do you use SOCKS, or http(s) proxy? Or some other? (Sorry if these are dumb questions, I am not really familiar with these technologies.) I hope I can work around from Java by using a local port, and connecting to that (although if there is a security restriction this will not work I guess) instead of the server behind firewalls. (I have no proxies now, so it will be a bit harder to test, but we will see.)

Thanks for your effort and your help.

Just one more idea... Can you use for example putty to forward your server's port to a local port? That might help. I guess the protocol should be raw ssh, and you have to fill the parts in the Connection/Proxy section (not shown on the screenshots). Could you report whether this is working in your case or not? Thank you.

Update: I have just tested (without proxy) that connecting to the server by ssh (you must have an account on the target machine, and there must run an ssh server/daemon) it is possible to use Eureqa with port forwarding (only the listening port is enough, default: 22112 port). Is this an acceptable workaround for you, or you do not have sshd running on server/you do not have user there/it does not work with proxy? Thanks.