Even if I change the Preferences setting, it will be restored when I restart KNIME.

I installed the Extension from a locally stored zip file, not via the internet.
I was able to install it, but the next time I start KNAME, I get a “Workflow Coach loader” error.

I suspect that Prefrerence’s Available Sowtware Sites have a check for downloading via the internet, and if I uncheck these or remove the item itself and restart KNIME, these will Resurrected and annoying me.

Hi @holyeightmonk,

thank you for pointing this out! I will forward the feedback to our developers.

Regarding your issue. When exactly do you get the error with the workflow coach? I have the presumption that the issue might be unrelated to the update site settings.

Cheers
Kathrin

Hi,

The version of KNIME you are using is 4.4.2.

The error with the workflow coach occurs about 10 seconds after starting KNIME.

An internal error occurred during: “Workflow Coach loader”.
org/knime/node/v210/KnimeNodeDocument$Factory

Or the error occurs when you double-click the KNIME project and start it. This project includes CSV reader, partitioning, linear regerssion, learner regression predictor, numeric scorer, scatter plot,
Includes X-partitioner, cross validation, scorer.

Alternatively, launching Building a simple Classifier in Basic Examples will still result in an error.

Once an error occurs after KNIME is started, the error will not occur again.

After uninstalling KNIME and re-installing it, the error disappeared.

Also, this may be another error, but when I selected Install Knime extensions, I got the error’Contacting Software Sites’ has encountered a problem. However, I think this is because my network environment is a proxy environment.

Also, I think I succeeded in installing the Rdkit Extension from a local file, but I still can’t find the name of the Rdkit in the Node Repository after rebooting

Hi @holyeightmonk,

thanks for the additional information.

Yes, the issue that a user can’t contact to our software sites normally occurs due to proxy environments, which normally also cause the issue with the workflow coach.

Regarding your issue with installing the RDKit nodes. I tried to reproduce you issue using KNIME 4.4.2 and a local update site. While doing so I also encountered some issues. I’m currently looking for a solution and will come back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers
Kathrin

2 Likes

Hi @holyeightmonk,

do you have a local KNIME update site setup as well?

This caused the issue on my end, as the Rdkit nodes need in addition the chemistry extension from our update site.

Cheers
Kathrin

Hi @Katharin,

I’m not sure if I understand your question. In particular, the meaning of the word “local KNIME update site setup”,

I’m using the local site setup below.
TrustedCommunityContributions_4.4_202112211816.zip
CommunityContributions_4.4_202112010821.zip

Is this the answer to your question?

Hi @holyeightmonk,

to install extension to add more nodes KNIME tries to reach out to our update sites. In your case this is not possible. For the community extensions we have the community update sites, which you added already as local update sites to install the Rdkit extensions. For KNIME extensions, like the chemistry extension, we have the KNIME Analytics Platform Update site, which you can add in the same way.

In your case you need in addition also KNIME Analytics Platform 4.4.2 update site. You can download the zipped version from this page: Previous Versions | KNIME or for KNIME 4.2.2 directly from this link: https://update.knime.org/analytics-platform/4.4/org.knime.update.analytics-platform_4.4.2.zip

Afterwards I recommend to first uninstall the Rdkit nodes and then try to install them one more time.

To uninstall an extension you need to go to Help => About KNIME Analytics Platform => Click on installation details => Select the extension => Click uninstall and restart KNIME.

I hope this will solve the issue.

Cheers
Kathrin

2 Likes

Hi @Katarin,

Thanks.

I changed a lot of settings, so I reinstalled KNIME once.
Then I downloaded update sites and changed the settings as follows.

After that, I installed Rdkit and it looks like it’s working fine.

And this isn’t a big deal, but let me just report one last thing.

As I reported at the beginning, it can be a bit inconvenient for the Available Software Sites settings to be restored after KNIME is restarted.

Therefore, if you select Install Knime Extensions after rebooting, you will get the error “Contacting Software Sites has encountered a problem.”

However, this is not a big problem in nature, so please refer to it as an opinion.

1 Like

Hi @holyeightmonk,

thanks for the update! Great to read that you managed to install the nodes :slight_smile:

And thanks for the additional feedback, I will forward it to our developers.

Cheers
Kathrin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.