Excel reader - column names with dates in them

What I am trying to do is create a flow that will automatically add a new column to the end every day with a new total. Essentially, I want to know the counts of certain things every day so we can track variability.

So far this is pretty easy, I’m reading in the previous day’s data, using a groupby command to get the totals and then joining the previous day’s file with the new numbers. I even have the date going into the column name pretty easily.

The issue I am coming across, however, is excel reader is refusing to bring in the previous days worth of columns because they have a date in the column title.

What can I do to make sure those columns are being brought in? I can’t lose previous day’s worth of data.

Hi,
This seems to work for me. Can you share your Excel file with us (maybe with dummy data)? That would help to reproduce this issue.
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Book7.xlsx (19.1 KB)

Hi,
Thanks for sharing the file. This works fine for me. I can read it and nothing is red.
Kind regards,
Alexander

Hi @katiicus,

a suggestion that might help you: would’t it be easier to manipulate your data if the date were an attribute instead of a series of columns?

Have a nice day,
Raffaello Barri

Have you resetted your workflow and the problem persists?
br

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.