Excel Reader configuration issue

@ flow variables: tried to build a wf starting with excel reader, the value select config-node can’t read all the available columns (all are type string) - ??

1 Like

Hello @Ingrid_Putz,

and welcome to KNIME Community!

What KNIME version are you using? Can you explain what is your issue a bit more? Is it flow variables related or? Maybe add some print screen?

(Moved your question to new topic.)

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi!
Version is 4.3.1
Kathrin Melcher showed us today at L2-DS Advanced a Value Selection Config-Node attached to a table reader node - all columns with type string are available in VSC-Node. We used one of those as the default column resp. the column that contains the relevant information.
I tried to build such a wf but used an Excel Reader Node before the VSC-N - and i only get some of the columns, though all of them are type string (by default i think but most of them actually are).
I

Hello @Ingrid_Putz,

sounds like domain issue. Use Domain Calculator between Excel Reader node and VSC-N (never used abbreviations for KNIME nodes :smiley:). Check this topic for more info:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hello Ivan, did the trick!
thank you, Ingrid

1 Like

Hello @Ingrid_Putz,

glad to hear that :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.