Excel Reader losing it between change to file

Hi,

Have a weird question… I have a workflow that is doing some weird things. I read in several excel files, filter the data and save them to a database.

To get my process started I use an Excel Reader node to read a file on a network share. In the transformation tab I select a subset of all the fields and rename them to what I need. I also on the advanced tab check the box that appends the file path column. Next, I have a Row Splitter file that filters blank data rows of a certain field.

I run it and it runs fine and produces correct data.

Next, I go back and change the file name to process next file in the excel reader node. Running it again, it runs the excel reader node but when it gets to row splitter node it errors out say input table doesn’t contain specified field name.

Seems like when i change file it resets something in excel reader node. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi @Jeff .

Have a look at this solution.
Maybe it aplies to your problem

Best regards

1 Like

Yes configuration resets every time. See example below for solution

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

Each excel file has the same columns. Field1 is code and field2 is a timestamp. The rowsplitter nodes simply states if field1 is null or if field2 is null split off the data as it will no longer be needed.

I could supply a bit more info in a picture but not sure how to paste it in the message.

Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks for the reply!

In reading through example I’m not sure exactly how it applies. I’ll read through it again in the morning and see if it can help.

Thanks,
Jeff

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.