Excel Writer - multiple sheets but can't use multiple variables??

Hi,

I was hoping to use the functionality of the Excel Writer to write to multiple sheets in one upload.

However, in the example on the KNIME website, it looks like you have to hardcode the individual sheet names…

Is there really no way to write multiple sheets whose names are defined by variables?

I think the option to write multiple sheets is potentially very useful but without being able to name sheets using variables i fear it’s nowhere near as beneficial as it could be.

Or perhaps there is something I am missing?

Thanks.
Pete

There is an array variable you can use in the Flow variable tab of your excel writer node. You need to create the flow variable array with your sheet names first and connect it.
br

1 Like

@Daniel_Weikert thanks very much for your response, it’s good to know there is a way to do it :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I’ve not created a variable array before, please can you advise how you go about doing that?

Thanks.
Pete

Hi Pete,
the idea is the same as for a normal variable. You can use a node (e.g cell splitter, column aggregator, string manipulation,…) to create the array first and then use table row to variable or a loop node to convert it into a variable.
br

Hi Daniel,
Ok great - thanks very much. I’ll give that a try.

Appreciate your response.

Pete

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.