Excel writer with complex header

Hi,

I want to extract data into an Excel file with a complex header structure. My company has a standard for Excel headers with colours/fonts and images. Is there a way to either redesign the colour coding (e.g. row 1-6 is blue, row 7 green) or to write the data into an existing empty table already including the header?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Hello @Alkaline,

sounds like a job for Continental Nodes for KNIME which can format Excel files. They offer nice workflow examples so make sure to check them out.

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

thanks for your feedback. Continental nodes are not so easy to implement and they modify already existing tables. Is it not possible to simply inject a header from an exisiting Excel file?

Hello @Alkaline,

can’t say how hard implementation would be but have seen they have nice tutorial workflow examples to start with:

What do you mean with “simply inject a header from an existing Excel file”? Once data from Excel is read into KNIME it contains no formatting…

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

thank you. Then I will take a look on the tutorital. I thought that it may be possible to load also the formatting of an Excel file. But then I will need to take a look on the Continental nodes.

Maybe it´s a suggestion for an improvement to write data in a defined area of an exisiting excel file (to not interfere with it´s formatting).

Hello @Alkaline,

tnx for suggestion. Actually there is already a feature request for it (Internal reference: AP-14911) and will give +1 for you.

Br,
Ivan