Exception: category from plugin could not be created in parent path db

Hi,

one exception ocurred when I tried to open KNIME Analytics Platform.launch. The screen shot is

It results in the failure to show my own definde catogory. More information in Eclipse side is:

!SESSION 2019-07-11 18:28:42.430 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_212
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
Framework arguments: -product org.knime.product.KNIME_PRODUCT
Command-line arguments: -product org.knime.product.KNIME_PRODUCT -data D:\ProcessMining\Programs\KNIME\Codes\pm4knime-source/…/runtime-KNIME -dev file:D:/ProcessMining/Programs/KNIME/Codes/pm4knime-source/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/KNIME Analytics Platform/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -consoleLog

Although I used window10 64 bit.

Do you have any idea on this?

Thanks
Kefang

One additional information in KNIME, the category related to database is in uncategorized

Actually I don’t need database this item, could I remove it ? But how?

Kefang

The problem related to DB is kind of gone if I choose the KNIME-AP-complete.target as the Active Target, but the exception still stays.

#####################
Log file is located at: D:\ProcessMining\Programs\KNIME\Codes\runtime-KNIME.metadata\knime\knime.log
ERROR ImageRepository CODING PROBLEM Cannot find icon for ‘EMPTY_ICON’ at icons/empty.png
#############################

Kefang

I have the same ERROR on startup. Although it does not adversely affect any functionality.

Hi,
thanks for reporting the problem. The unknown category exception is thrown because so far we haven’t added the new db feature to the KNIME-AP target platform. We will add it as soon as possible. Until then please use the KNIME-AP-complete target platform.
We will also look into the missing empty icon file. However this shouldn’t have an affect on your plugin.
Bye
Tobias

1 Like

It is solved by changing to another complet.target file. However, the EMPTY_ICON remains.

1 Like

Hello KFDing,
we have added the missing database feature to the knime-ap tagert platform on master and the 2019-06 release branch. Thanks for reporting the problem.
Bye
Tobias

Good to hear it! Thanks