Exception when Using TableCreator

Hi,

when I use node Table Creator in KNIME which is generated from Eclipse, there is one exception listed bellow. The table cell reacts really slow and all is colored in blue.

The operation on Table Creator was to create a new column in String type, the values for them contain blank, like “Inductive Miner – 1”.

Is there something wrong with the spelling??

Regards
Kefang

Blockquote
Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-1” java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.knime.base.node.io.tablecreator.table.HeaderRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(HeaderRenderer.java:140)
at javax.swing.JTable$AccessibleJTable.getAccessibleChild(JTable.java:7037)
at javax.swing.JTable$AccessibleJTable.getAccessibleAt(JTable.java:7424)
at javax.swing.JTable$AccessibleJTable.valueChanged(JTable.java:6939)
at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:184)
at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:164)
at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:211)
at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:405)
at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:415)
at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.setSelectionInterval(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:459)
at javax.swing.JTable.changeSelectionModel(JTable.java:2392)
at javax.swing.JTable.changeSelection(JTable.java:2461)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI$Actions.actionPerformed(BasicTableUI.java:588)
at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.notifyAction(SwingUtilities.java:1668)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBinding(JComponent.java:2882)
at javax.swing.JTable.processKeyBinding(JTable.java:5265)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(JComponent.java:2943)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(JComponent.java:2845)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6316)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2239)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2297)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(KeyboardFocusManager.java:1954)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:835)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:1103)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:974)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:800)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4760)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2297)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:760)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:84)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:733)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:730)
at org.GNOME.Accessibility.AtkWrapper$6.dispatchEvent(AtkWrapper.java:715)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Hi @KFDing,

Would you be able to share your workflow so that we can reproduce this?

Thanks!

Sure to share the workflow, but how?? Also, it is several days ago, I didin’t save the workflow, but will try to reproduce it.

Kefang

You can simply upload the workflow here in the forum. Please make sure it doesn’t contain any confidential data.

Hi, found the button to upload the workflow, will do it when I reproduce the exception.

Hi, @RolandBurger

Sorry for the delay. I could send the workflow but think it can not reproduce the problem. The reason is that, I use KNIME in Eclipse development version, the problem above stays same in the workflow. However, when I rechecked the workflow in pure KNIME, it works fine with Table Creator Node.
I don’t know what to do…but still have doubts, since the in KNIME from Eclipse, I did not touch Table Creator Node, while I added another nodes into it. Why and where is it possible to cause this exception?

Best Regards
Kefang

KNIME_PM_Exception_TableCreator.zip (7.6 KB)