Execute failed: The KNIME R integration depends on rJava.

Hi everyone

I have a problem in the next workflow:

When I execute the workflow in knime server 4.1.0, appears the next error:

Execute failed: The KNIME R integration depends on rJava. Please use the command install.packages("rJava") to install rJava in your R distribution.

I installed the rJava in my R distribution but I have the same problem.

The R snippe code is:

library(rJava)
outliersOutcomes <- boxplot(knime.in$"Col0", main = knime.flow.in[["chart_name"]], ylab = knime.flow.in[["y_axis_name"]], col = "gray") 
outliersOutcomes$out # it will print the values of the outliers
names(outliersOutcomes)

Thanks.

Its the R information installed in my laptop:

platform       x86_64-pc-linux-gnu         
arch           x86_64                      
os             linux-gnu                   
system         x86_64, linux-gnu           
status                                     
major          3                           
minor          0.2                         
year           2013                        
month          09                          
day            25                          
svn rev        63987                       
language       R                           
version.string R version 3.0.2 (2013-09-25)

And it is the screenshot with the problem in knime server:

Thanks.

Does your code work within R itself on your computer? Just to ensure that it is not a problem with the rJava package installation itself, for sometimes there are problems due to the Java installation folder…

Did you install rJava also on the server?

Yes, my code works in R, I installed rJava package and I invoke the library, do you have another idea?

Thank you!

1. On knime server? I don't know how install rJava on knime server, can you explain me?

2. The R snippet (interactive) works on knime server?

Thanks.

If the workflow works when you execute it locally on you compute and it doesn't work when execute on the KNIME Server via the WebPortal then the R installation on the server is very likely missing the rJava library. You have to install it into this R installation or check that the server is using the correct R installation.

Do you know how install the rJava library into knime server? or configure R into knime server?

Thanks. 

Hi,

Under Linux you first need to install the R package on the Server. This is normally something like:

apt-get install R

yum install R

Then run the command 'which R'

If you have a GUI version of KNIME Analytics Platform on your KNIME Server you can configure the KNIME preferences to point to the appropriate R installation (which you found with 'which R').

Next you need to export the preferences.epf file to <knime-server-repository>/config/preferences.epf

Finally restart the KNIME Server.

Best,

Jon