Executed failed: Linkage Error

Hi,

I tried to run the Statistics Node and got the following error:

"
Execute failed: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation in interface itable initialization: when resolving method “org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractDocument.createEvent(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/w3c/dom/events/Event;” the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader) of the current class, org/apache/batik/dom/svg/SVGOMDocument, and the class loader (instance of ) for interface org/w3c/dom/events/DocumentEvent have different Class objects for the type org/w3c/dom/events/Event used in the signature
"
Can someone please suggest a solution for this issue?

Thanks,
Du

Hi there @duydu

welcome to KNIME Community Forum!

Do you have any specific column types in your data table? What KNIME version and OS are you using?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

I am using KNIME v4.0.0 and Windows 10. The table only contains one column with double values.

Br,
Du

Hi there,

everything else works as expected? Statistics node failing for every data set I assume? How did you install KNIME - installer, self-extracting archive or zip archive?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Everything else seems to work fine. However, I have the same problem with Visualization Nodes (Scatter plot, Line plot,… ). Statistics node failed for every dataset.

When I executed the Scatter Plot Node, I got the error message:

Execute failed: loader constraint violation in interface itable initialization: when resolving method “org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractDocument.createEvent(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/w3c/dom/events/Event;” the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader) of the current class, org/apache/batik/dom/svg/SVGOMDocument, and the class loader (instance of ) for interface org/w3c/dom/events/DocumentEvent have different Class objects for the type org/w3c/dom/events/Event used in the signature

About installation, I used KNIME installer. It was working fine until recently. Unfortunately, I do not know what did which created the problem.

Br,
Du

Hi there Du,

have you maybe done any update recently after which this started? Just trying to figure out this…

Anyways you can try adding -clean in your configuration file. Check here how to do it: Missing value on Linux

If that doesn’t work then go with a fresh KNIME installation.

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Hi Ivan,

It worked beautifully :slight_smile: . Thank you very much for the solution!

Hi Du,

glad it worked :slight_smile:

Just remove -clean from you configuration file as it slows down startup time of KNIME AP :wink:

If this happens again I would assume some OS process (e.g. antivirus program) is deleting these plugins.

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.