Execution of Knime Workflow in Batch Mode

Can anyone please guide how to execute two or more than two Knime Workflow in batch mode.

Hi @adt_pranab,

Check out https://www.knime.com/faq#q12. Does this help? Especially type knime -nosplash -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION​ to see a full list of argument.s

Best,

Christian

1 Like

On the surface, running KNIME in batch looks relatively easy and it is. But its all the small details that can make it complex. The trick is to create a generic, highly parameterized batch job that can run any KNIME workflow.

I’ve attached two sample Powershell scripts that will run 1 to many KNIME workflows. When one fails, execution will halt (that behavior can be changed). In my example, I included execution of workflows that have variables in them like Database server URL which are set at run time. The first script executes the mail flow after calling the “settings” script to establish all the required KNIME environment settings.

Also critical in my view is that you are gathering a log file of all events from your script so you can see what KNIME is doing.

You can set this powershell script up to run through Windows scheduler. The program to run is “Powershell”. For the Arguments, you the script name “.\Knime_Batch_Job” and the Start-in parameter is the location where you powershell script will be stored.

KnimeBatchPowershellScripts.zip (3.0 KB)

5 Likes

Thanks, but I already have written the batch script.

@ScottMcLeodPSLGroup : Thanks for your script, this is really very helpful for me.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.