Extending a Knime Node Classes

Is there an easy way to get the "create a new knime node extension" wizard in Eclipse to allow the extension of an existing node ? (or maybe a pointer as to how to create another wizard ?)

There is core functionality which I want to be available in a set of new nodes that others will create and I'd like an easy way for some new knime dev people to produce the dialog, model classes that extend the ones of an existing node I've written without hand editing loads of files.

thanks.

Hi,

There is no easy way in Eclipse.
But you could look at our wizard plug-in project and reuse most of it.
You probably would have to modify the wizard's dialog, introduce a new field and variable for the node you want to derive from, and need to modify the templates used to create the new code files.
I didn't write the wizard, but had to modify it once, and it wasn't too complicated.
- Peter.

Thanks Peter, I wanted to check I hadn't missed a trick with this as it seems like an obvious thing to do having created a 'base' node. I'll take a look at it.

Peter wrote:
Hi,

There is no easy way in Eclipse.
But you could look at our wizard plug-in project and reuse most of it.
You probably would have to modify the wizard's dialog, introduce a new field and variable for the node you want to derive from, and need to modify the templates used to create the new code files.
I didn't write the wizard, but had to modify it once, and it wasn't too complicated.
- Peter.

Hi everyone,

M new to KNIME, I want modify an algorithm coding into my algo. but dnt knw how to do it.

Plz let me know:

1. how to get the source code of existing algos

2. how to recompile the modified code.

Thanx n Regards.

You probably want to download the KNIME SDK which already contains all KNIME sources.

I feel like i'm missing a link here -- if i download the SDK, for example from http://knime.org/downloads/sdk/mac64 i can find no source code in that ZIP.

Is there another link which you mean / is the source code squirreled away in a ZIP / JAR in some place within the directory structure ... ?

thanks much.

The sources are in the org.knime*.source.jar files in the plugins-directory. The easierst way is to access them from within the KNIME SDK. If you open a KNIME class there the source code will be shown.

See it now - beautiful - thanks again

Hi disha210,

I am in the same trouble with you.I want to improve Dictionary Tagger.Have you solved your problem?Can you tell me how did you find the source code of the existing node?