extending org.knime.ext.textprocessing.parser package

Dear Knimers,

I am using a commercial software for tagging entities and relations.

That software generates offset text annotations in an own proprietary XML format.

I need to be able to do analytics on it using KNIME, therefore I needed to import it.

In less than 1 hour I've then extended the org.knime.ext.textprocessing package with a new org.knime.ext.textprocessing.nodes.source.parser that extends org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler and implements org.knime.ext.textprocessing.nodes.source.parser.DocumentParser, and that appropriately handles my data.

I've then packaged it "by hand" and put the classes in the knime-textprocessing.jar, and gave it a try ... and it works.

Now, I would like to be able to share that piece of code with others ... and I was wondering if you could instruct me on how at best proceed. Furthermore, I would like to know how to debug it and test it: I did it "by hand" and "it works", however I would prefer to know more "guidelines" ...

More in general, I was also wondering if this strategy is the one that you recommend, or if you would prefer / advice instead that I create a separate plugin that depends upon your textprocessing package.

Looking forward your advice, and compliments for the framework you've created ! really useful and easy to extend !

This might help for testing, and this one for deploying your software. I have seen somewhere best practices what to do and what not (how to introduce compatible changes, etc.), but cannot find it now. Although if you want to share your work with the community this page might be interesting for you.

Thankyou aborg,

however the problem is that my code is an extension of their plugin just with 2 classes and an xml file and therefore the overhead in building an independent plugin is quite high ...

I hope simply to be able to committ to their cvs the code and "that's it" :-)

Dear lucatoldo,

If you only want to contribute a single node, then I suggest you send a mail to Kilian who is responsible for the textprocessing extension (kilian.thiel@uni-konstanz.de). If you intend to write more nodes then the community contributions my be of interest for you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.