Extract Date (YYYY-MM-DD) from datetime column (YYYY-MM-DD, HH:MM:SS)

Hi Team,
I have one column which consist date along with timestamp. I want to replace this column with only date and remove that timestamp and store it into the new column
input column
output result should be in new column with YYYY-MM-DD format

Hi @Vinay1995 ,
You can try to use this Modify Time node using which you can remove the time.

You could also try to have a look at some of the example workflows related to it.

Thanks,
Sanket

2 Likes

Hi @Vinay1995 ,

When you said you wanted to remove the timestamp and store it in a new column, I wasn’t sure if you wanted to keep the milliseconds or just the hh:mm:ss (as per your post title)

In addition to @sanket_2012 's useful tip on using Modify Time, which can be used to strip the time portion off of a datetime column and return just a date column, Modify Date can be used to strip the date portion and return just a time column.

If you want to first duplicate the full original timestamp column (including both date and time), then you can easily do so with a Rule Engine.

If you want the time to lose the milliseconds from the timestamp, you could convert the whole timestamp to a String column, using Date&Time to String and then use two String to Date&Time nodes; one which converts the String to a Date and the other which converts the String to a Time.

The removal of milliseconds would occur in the Date&Time to String, if you specify the output format as yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss instead of yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSS

Here are some examples of the above

Manipulating timestamp to separate date and time.knwf (22.4 KB)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.