Extract online information from the active directory (Windows)

Hello colleagues.

I am currently investigating the different ways to extract information from Active Directory (Windows) or AWS SSO.
I would like your help with experiences that you can share with me.

Thank you.

Hi @Marcelo_Linero ,

Would you mind providing us with a bit more detail on what you are trying to extract from AD?

1. Are you looking for specific KNIME nodes to help you extract information?
  2. Are you running this on KNIME Server or KNIME AP?
  3. What type of information are you trying to extract (usernames/metadata/endpoints)?
  4. What is the use case for this?

You can also search our hub for related workflows:

Let’s start there and see if the answers help us get you to the answer.

Thanks,
Zack

Hi ztrubow. Thank you for your reply. I proceed to answer your concerns, I hope to do it in the best way. If not, please let me know. Thank you.

Would you mind providing a little more detail on what you are trying to extract from AD?
We are looking to connect to the AD to extract user detail information such as User, names, status, creation date, among others.

1. Are you looking for specific KNIME nodes to help you extract information? No, it can be a generic node that allows me to run a query in the AD.

2. Are you running this on KNIME Server or KNIME AP? No, we are looking to query a corporate AD via a user or secured connection from a KNIME desktop instance.

What type of information are you trying to extract (user names/metadata/endpoints)?
User information created in the AD

1. What is the use case for this?
    Investigate what users are active in the AD and what detail there is about them. This is to validate that they are all authorized.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.