Extracting Values After Fixed Value

Hello everyone,
new challenge for you! (for me being new it is too difficult and I need your experience)

From the example excel file below, my goal is to be able to pull out the numerical values following the strings:

• Numero colli per strato;
  • Numero colli bancale;
  • Numero Strati;

And create three respective columns where the name is the one given and the value for each row is the one found.

ExExcel.xlsx (11.4 KB)

I am aware that this is relatively easy, with python I would be able to but with KNIME nodes I am not that familiar yet.

Thank you very much in advance for your help! :slight_smile:

Hi @takeAfew

One way to approach it is through regex extraction by using the Regex Extractor node (Regex Extractor — NodePit ).

You can use the function: (?<=NUMERO COLLI PER STRATO:|UMERO COLLI BANCALE:|NUMERO STRATI:)([ 0-9]+)

This will extract the numbers after the mentioned strings. Set the output to Columns and no full match.

It will generate each string as separate column which you can subsequently rename with a Column Rename node:

Since the data is not very consistent in its usage of spaces I apply a small clean-up afterwards.

See WF:
Extracting Values After Fixed Value.knwf (37.9 KB)

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi @ArjenEX , thank you very much for your reply!
I was actually looking for something non-paying to solve this problem being that I’m still testing the software and don’t want to make a purchase right away.

Are there any other ways to get to the same result?

If you run it locally, you don’t have to pay for it. That’s only for the KNIME server, which is not something you are likely to use if you are still exploring.

1 Like

Wow, i didn’t know this features. Perfect, thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.