F-Key Shortcuts

Hi,

the Shift-F6 does not work for me with Metanodes.

Besides, F10 opens the View and Shift-F10 executes first and opens the View then. But it would be great if Shift-F10 also opened the View when the node already had been executed.

Best, Lorenz

1 Like

Hi Lorenz,

you can change the key assignements. Open KNIME go to File->Preferences and search for Keys. In the Keys dialog you can filter for all KNIME Workflow Editor commands and change them as you like (see attached screenshot).

Bye,

Tobias

1 Like

Hi Tobias,

thanks for the tip, but changing the assignments cannot help with the problem I described.

Normally, Shift-F6 works, but not for Metanodes. The same holds for the Shift-F10 shortcut, which already works but not under all circumstances.

Best,

Lorenz

Hi Lorenz,

sorry for the delayed reply. You are right, the shortcuts do not work for meta nodes. We are currently working on a new way to encapsulate subworkflows, so called sub nodes, that behaves more like nodes. Shift-F6 already works with sub nodes not Shift-F10. I will report this to the developers in order to have it fixed for one of the next releases. However sub nodes are still under development and are part of the KNIME JavaScript based nodes extension which is a KNIME Labs Extension.

You can also view the output of a node or meta node via the Node Monitor. To open the Node Monitor open KNIME and click on View -> Node Monitor. Use the small arrow in the window bar to select the Show Output Table option.

Bye,

Tobias