feature/node request: extract parameters from node

Hi,

It would be very helpful for me to be able to extract parameters from a node into a table. E.g. the File Reade node has among others the input filename as a parameter. I would like to be able to extract this file name into a new table or workflow variable.

Please let me know if this is doable and if you would be interested in doing it. (Unfortunately I don't have much time for this at the moment...)

Kind regards,

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

Yes you can do this now using flow variables tab in the node (So choose to configure node, and select the Flow Variables tab). All the configurable parts of the node are listed, next to the property you want to capture (i.e. Filename)  in the empty box enter a name you wish to call the property, i.e. NodeFileName. All subsequent nodes now have this property available as a flow variable. Now you can use other nodes to convert the Variable into a cell content such as using RuleEngine node by going to Flow Variables tab, and next to default label, from the dropdown choosing the property name you used, i.e. NodeFileName.

Hope this is what you are asking for.

Simon.

great thanks a lot! I always discover new cool features... I am impressed...

Bernd

Thanks - I'd always wondered what those boxes where for, and how to do this!!!