Feature Request: Custom Repositories

Is it possible to create a “custom node repository”? I have lots of nodes and extensions installed as part of my workspace, but this leads to slow downs in node searching (with fuzzy search). I would say I typically use only a small fraction of all the nodes - I know I could just not install infrequently used nodes, but I’d rather have and not need than need and not have. What I am thinking of it is akin to importing libraries/modules in python. If I was to use pandas functions, I have to import pandas. Otherwise, I can’t access the functions. Something similar would be useful for KNIME (it might already exist) - if I want to use a node outside of base, then I should have to import it. Admittedly, I have never played around with bespoke KNIME environments (do people do that?). I tend to just have one workspace that has maximum nodes installed (is that best practice?).

So, feature request + some input on best practices from people.

Cheers,
SC

Hello @scapuzzi,

if I got it right you could use Favorite Nodes View. Find it under View --> Other... --> KNIME Views

Personally I tend to have as less as possible nodes and extensions installed :smiley:

Br,
Ivan

great! does the favorite nodes view have a search function? It doesn’t look like it. I use a key board shortcut to pull in nodes - it would be nice to be able to that for the favorite nodes

1 Like

Hi @scapuzzi,

glad you like it. Seems there is no search function. But there is “jump” function. Key board shortcuts to pull the nodes in? From Node Repository? You find the node and press enter? If so seems same can be done from Favorite Nodes View if you know the first letter of a node you want to use :wink:

Br,
Ivan

crtl+spacebar to get into the node repo. and then enter :sunglasses:

I was looking for something similar to get to the favorites and search, but doesn’t seem possible. New feature ticket in this fututre?!

Thanks as always,
SC

Cool!
Will check and get back to you.
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.