Feature request: DialogComponentColumnFilter

Hi,

It would be useful if the user could influence the order of the included columns. I do not think too complicated solution, just two new buttons to move up or down the selections in the included list, and to put the selections from the excluded list to the end of the included list.
The two buttons are not so hard to put there -actually I have put them there in my code, but it needs an access to the SettingsModel#notifyChangeListener() method, or the SettingsModelFilterString#setIncludeList(Collection<String>) should take care of the order.
I guess the append to the end is also not so hard to do.
Thanks, gabor

We always try to avoid “implicit”, not immediately comprehensible changes to the data and its structure. This is the reason why there are so many modular nodes including a node for column resorting: to explicitely display all steps that were applied to the data. Thus, I would suggest to use the Column Resorter node.

Hi,

I have no problem with the Column Filter node or the others using this component.
Why I want to use some possible reordering on the columns is because I generate a text based on the selected columns. The text not necessaryly represent all columns that is why it would be useful to reorder them interactively. (Maybe I should remove the column filter component too and I will not have this problem.)
But you are right. It is a good/clear choice to ask the user have a Column Resorter node before my node.
Thanks, gabor