Feature request: Extract Column Types and Current column type in Column List Loop Start

Hi,

I think I have mentioned this request long ago but have not created a topic to ask for this feature. Using the Extract Table Spec node and converting the displayed type to the data type which can be passed as a flow variable to other nodes (e.g. GroupBy) slows down the workflow.

:blush:

2 Likes

Hi @armingrudd

Thank you for your feature request!

Can you tell me a little bit why do you need to do this conversion? What is the use case behind it?

Cheers,
Ana

Hi Ana,

I have to pass column types to the GroupBy node to determine the type of aggregation columns since they may change. (for example Int or Double). So I use the Extract Table Spec node to find the types and then change them to the type that can be passed to the GroupBy node (e.g. Double to org.knime.core.data.def.DoubleCell).

1 Like

Hi @armingrudd

Sorry for the late reply. I just wanted to give you a feedback that I have created a ticket in our internal system.

Cheers,
Ana

3 Likes

Thank you Ana. Looking forward to having this feature in KNIME soon.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.