Feature request: Labeling View: Add labels in configurations & grouping tiles per row

Hi,

First of all: This new update “Active learning” is great. Cannot wait to learn more in the upcoming workshop on Thursday.

I want to use the Labeling View node to label rows. There is an option in configurations as “Fixed number of tiles per row” but I need to group tiles per row. It means having all tiles with the same value of an attribute in a single row. So some rows can have more or less tiles. It is possible to use the node in a group loop on WebPortal but not possible in KNIME AP.

Also, there is an option in the Labeling View node which lets user add labels in View. How about adding labels in node configurations? regarding the last issue (grouping tiles), when using the node in a group loop, one has to add labels for every row.

:blush:

2 Likes

+1 I agree with the idea.

Hey armingrudd,

I don’t think that the first idea is possible other than the solution you already mentioned.
About the second, we have an idea on our list to add a second input port that can provide colors and possible labels. With that you would be able to add labels separate to the actual data.

Greetings,
Daniel

1 Like

Hi Daniel and thanks for your reply,

But the workaround does not work on KNIME Analytics Platform.

That would be great. Actually I found an option in Flow Variables tab which seems to be related to what I have requested (“possibleValues” which takes a list). But it does not work.

:blush:

Yes, the workaround probably only works in the WebPortal.
I checked the option you mentioned with the Flow Variables and I could confirm that this is not working at the moment. I opened a ticket in our system for further investigation.
Thanks for reporting.

Greetings,
Daniel

2 Likes

Hi armingrudd,

I am happy to tell you, that the bug could be fixed.
The possible values can now be correctly set with the flow variable.
You can already try it out in the newest nightly, or wait until the next bug-fix release.

Thanks for reporting.

Greetings,
Daniel

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.