Feature suggestion: "Example Data Creator" node

Dear Knimers,

I think it would be nice to have an “Example Data Creator” node. In its configuration the user could toggle between various areas, such as “Life Sciences, Commercial, Pharmaceutical, Sociological, Geographical” data tables. Further configuration could allow the user to define the number of rows, clusters, correlations, noise, error rate, etc.

I think this would be great for users who are trying out Knime for the first time, or even experienced users who quickly need some data to play around with in order to test something.

It might also be convenient for users who need some example data for posting an issue on the Knime forum…!

Best
Aswin

4 Likes

Interesting idea! In the past I have used tools like Mockaroo to do this, then import that data into KNIME. Maybe that’s a good workaround for the time being?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I went ahead to vote, because… why not? :rofl: Having a built-in dummy datasets would also help content creators from various niches (who are promoting Knime) to produce content in their blogs/vlogs without having to go and find the relevant datasets on the net. And if new datasets can be added from time to time, that would be better.

And @ScottF , that’s a really good alternative to Kaggle that I’ve never heard of. Thank you for sharing - I bookmarked Mockaroo for future use.

1 Like