Hi Knime experts,
I have a problem with which I hope to find help here. I am relatively new to Knime as well as R but I have started to learn how to use these Programs. I want to process primary data in excel sheets (stemming from a mouse tracking software) in Knime to get a combined table containing all the filtered data, which I then want to plot using ggplot2 in R.
I successfully made a Knime workflow which gives me the desired table, and I managed to install Rstudio including Rserve and other required packages (by the way, I am using Windows 10). I also managed to set up R in a way which allows me to successfully plot my data using the “R Plot” node and the R script templates there provided.
Now I found myself unsatisfied with the results and thus I want to change the R script in order to customize my plots to my needs. I can do this within the “R Plot” node by clicking on “Edit template”, and I have succeeded at doing some changes mostly by using suggestions from people at stackoverflow, as I am a total beginner at R programming. Theoretically I am making progress and all is ok, BUT working in that script editor provided within the “R Plot” node is a pain in the neck.
Rather, I want to convert my output into an R table (or whatever that is called) and feed it directly into RStudio, where I want to access said table by scripts on which I work therein.
But if I use the “Open in R” node (both the Generic one and the community node made by people at the Max-Planck-Institute), I get an error message:
“ERROR Open in R 0:79 Execute failed: Failed to open in R
Cannot run program “C:\Program”: CreateProcess error=2, Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden”
(the last part is German for “The system cannot find the file”)
What could be the problem here?
PS: I had followed all steps described at [Install R alongside KNIME on Windows and MacOS] by mlauber71, though I found I was unable to install the “latest” version of RServe in Rstudio by means of "
install.packages('Rserve',,"http://rforge.net/",type="source")", which gave the following error:
C:/Program Files/Rtools/mingw_64/bin/gcc -I"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-36~1.0/include" -DNDEBUG -DRSERVE_PKG -DWin32 -I. -Iinclude -Iinclude/Win32 -O2 -Wall -std=gnu99 -mtune=generic -c RSserver.c -o RSserver.o
sh: C:/Program: No such file or directory
make: *** [C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-36~1.0/etc/x64/Makeconf:208: RSserver.o] Error 127
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘Rserve’
- removing ‘C:/Users/LAB/OneDrive/Dokumente/R/win-library/3.6/Rserve’
- restoring previous ‘C:/Users/LAB/OneDrive/Dokumente/R/win-library/3.6/Rserve’
Warning in install.packages :
installation of package ‘C:/Users/LAB/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpOUyHoU/downloaded_packages/Rserve_1.8-6.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status"
Here it reverts to the RServe installation which I installed in RStudio via “Tools -> Install Packages”, but this apparently is version 1.7-3.1 instead of the newest 1.8-6 which mlauber71 recommends.