File Upload (WebPortal) via Smartphone

Hello,

I tried File Chooser Widget und File Upload Widget, but nothing works aka the WF fails, because it looks like that the file upload needs a directory on my HDD.
The goal is:

• One or more Picture(s) are taken by Smartphone
  • I open WebPortal and select the workflow
  • I select the pictures, upload to a directory on the server
  • The workflow starts with the files from the directory
  • Result/Output

Is there a way to do this? Everything I found was uploading from HDD.

Thanks and regards,
Sven

Hi Sven,
When exactly does the workflow fail? Before, during, or after the upload? Can you tell me the error message you are getting?
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

hi @AlexanderFillbrunn,

thanks for your reply. Right now the Workflow fails immediatly as soon as start is selected.

edit: the path where the files are stored are on a smartphone, but the file chooser or file chooser widget needs a path, which i currelty can’t provide, because the upload could be from different places.

br,
Sven

Hi,
if the workflow fails immediately after pressing start, I doubt that it is a problem with the file upload. What is the error message?
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Hi @AlexanderFillbrunn,

I know just get the message “Workflow executed successfully” - the workflow currently contains the File Chooser Widget and the Upload Widget.

If I switch to Quickforms, I see the message “This workflow contains no elements that can be displayed on the WebPortal. It can only be executed in its present configuration.”.

br,
Sven

Hi,
Quickforms are legacy nodes anyway and we recommend using the widgets. If they work for you now, why switch to Quickforms?
Kind regards,
Alexander

Hi @AlexanderFillbrunn,

but I do not get a File Upload prompt.
Every Workflow I saw had just the File Upload Widget or File Upload (legacy).

Br,
Sven

Hi,
Which mobile browser are you using? The WebPortal has a normal HTML file input, which should generally also work on mobile.
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

I now get a prompt to pick a file from the local file system Local File Browser Configuration is the correct node. But here just one File to upload is possible, I think I saw a workaround here in the forum.

br,
Sven

Hi,
Yes, you can only upload a single file. If you need more, you can put the component in a loop and show a new upload until the user checks a box to continue with the processing. For that you can use the Boolean Widget.
Kind regards,
Alexander

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.