FileMerger "ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException"

I’m using some nodes from the OpenMS project that can take multiple files as input (which themselves are the product of running analysis on other files). When dealing with a large number of files I used to bring several groups of files together with sequential FileMerger nodes. However now I am no longer able to do this; specifically if I take the product of two FileMerger nodes and then try to merge them with another FileMerger node, the error
Execute failed: (“ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException”): -1
is returned in the KNIME console and the node goes to red. This is a process I used to be able to do, but now I keep running into this error. I’m not sure where to start troubleshooting this.
thank you

Hi!

Firstly I can confirm your problem when you start from simple URIFilePorts that are not managed by FileStores (like from all the Input File(s) nodes) and a fix is underway.

Since nothing changed in that node for a long time, I am not sure if this is a regression though. Maybe you were able to do it with intermediate results?

A temporary workaround could be to artificially add a FileStore for input files by passing them through:
Port to File Cells -> File Cells to Port. Unfortunately I think this will copy the data to the temporary location of the file store though.

Cheers,
julianus

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.