Fill text field in Dialog with corresponding value from a flow variable

Hi,

I made Dialog derived from a DefaultNodeSettingsPane which holds a text field (DialogComponentString). If I  control this field by a flow variable, the execute method in the corresponding NodeModel class is using the value from the flow variable as expected. 

Is it possible to fill the textfield with the value from the flow variable which controls this parameter when the node is configured?

Best regards

Manfred

Hi,

another question:

Is there a way to find the parameters which are controlled by a variable?

Best regards

Manfred

or is there a way to check, if a DialogComponentString component is controlled by a variable?

This should be possible, because the dialog prompts the message "The "User" parameter is controlled by a variable."

Hey Manfred,

Not sure if this is really recommended, but you can have a look at NodeDialogPane#createFlowVariableModel(String, Type). This should allow you to access the flow variables. I have never worked with this method myself, but in a quick test I was able to overwrite the field in the dialog by adding a listener to the FVM.

Cheers,
Ferry

Hi Ferry,

thanks a lot for your hint. I will check this and I will give you feedback about the success.

Cheers,

Manfred