Filter missing values

Hi all,

I have a excel file which contains 4 columns. With these three columns I would like to create patterns. Name | Surname | Birthday | Country

So now there are some rows which are filled with all 4 information, but also row where for example Birthday is missing or a row where Surname and Country is missing.

I would like to filter out all rows where, missing values are included. I have tried it with the missing value column filter but it didn’t work.

Could you help me?

cheers,
Canan

See

Hi @izaychik63,

ist not working for me.

I would like to filter the whole line not just a rowFilterLines.xlsx (9.6 KB)

I have uloaded the file.

at the end only the following lines should remain:

With the missing value node it was not possible to filter it out.

Kind regards,
Canan

What do you mean by “I would like to filter the whole line not just a row” (since a row is a whole line of data) ?

Yes, i mean the same :smiley: sorry, i wanted to say “not just a cell”.

The attached workflow i believe does what you want with the Missing Value node - the salient functionality is, admittedly confusingly, on the 2nd tab of the configuration dialog – not the one you see when you open the dialog.

canan’s missing filter.knwf (7.0 KB)

1 Like

HI @quaeler

thank you very much, it works, but is it normal that I still get an exclamation mark while running?

Thanks,

Canan

In this case yes - the node is originally intended for a purpose “grander” than filtering out rows and since it’s not performing everything it was intended to do, it will complain to you about it.

1 Like

Thank you so much :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Hi @quaeler,

I have tried the missing value node with another example but it didnt work. I saw the difference:

As you can see here, the column Linkref is not filled with Question marks and the same for other columns.

Do you know how i can fill the empty columns with These Question marks so that I can use the missing value node.

Kind regards,
Canan

I don’t know what your data source looks like, but given that you know what generates the missing cell values (as you have the original XLSX file which did) perhaps you could provide the same empty content in this input?

Otherwise, see here: replace empty cell with missing (?) globally in table

1 Like

You are the best @quaeler :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:Thank you sooo much

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.