Filtering like excel using knime server portal

excel
filter

We have knime server large licence and we want to know, if it’s possible to have the equivalent of excel filtering in knime (directly in Knime Web portal )? If true, where can we find the documentation about this?

0 Likes

Thank you for your question. There are many different options for filtering in KNIME. On the WebPortal one can e.g create dynamic filter events to filter in a numeric column using the Interactive Range Slider Filter Widget in combination with a JavaScript Table view. Is that your use case?

Best regards,
Jeany

1 Like

Hi Jeany,

Thanks for your answer. That’s answer partially my use case. So I want to if, it’s possible to offer the user the ability to hide if he want a column in knime server web portal?

Best regards,

0 Likes

Hi,

you mean like the hide column function in Excel where you can hide columns and then make them visible again later if needed?

Currently I don’t see a dedicated functionality for this like you know it from Excel. I would create a workaround where the user selects all needed columns in the WebPortal in one view and then in the next view sees only his selection. Would this also work for you?

Best,
Martyna

1 Like

Hi Martyna,

Thanks for your answer.
My answers to your questions:
1)you mean like the hide column function in Excel where you can hide columns and then make them visible again later if needed?

==> yes, that’s my need.

1. I would create a workaround where the user selects all needed columns in the WebPortal in one view and then in the next view sees only his selection. Would this also work for you?

==> This work for us.

Best regards,

Michel

0 Likes

Hi Michel,

I created a short example workflow for you with two examples of how you could allow filtering in the WebPoral.
In the first example, the user can just move columns from left to right which he wants to keep.
The second example is a bit different. There, the column names will be extracted and displayed in a table. The user can add a checkbox to select the column and also rename columns if needed.

Then just “Close and Apply” and in the next view, only the selected views will be visible.

I hope it’s helpful!

Best,
Martynaexample_select_columns.knwf (63.0 KB)

1 Like