Format server response on API call

Good morning,

We are trying to find a way to format the response given from a knime workflow on an api call.

The workflow runs successfully, but in addition to the desired response, knime also sends all the node messages, such as all the node warnings that occured during the execution of the workflow.
This is on server version 4.13.4

Is there a way to format the response given so that it does not include these node warnings?

Thanks in advance

Hi @joshuash,

Try setting the ‘Prefer’ header to ‘edge-compatible’ (or adding it if the header is already set).

Kind regards
Marvin

1 Like

Thanks so much Marvin. Can you please elaborate on this? Where can i find these settings?

Hi @joshuash,

I assume you are making a request to e.g. /rest​/v4​/repository​/{path}:execution, in order to execute a workflow. With that call, you need to add the header ‘Prefer’ with the value ‘edge-compatible’.

Kind regards
Marvin

Hi @joshuash,

I hope my last reply made things a bit clearer. What may also sometimes be useful to you for quick tests is our REST documentation that you will find on the WebPortal via the question mark in the top right.

There you can read up on some of the request endpoints and in some cases also test the calls with the “Try it out” button.

Kind regards
Marvin

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.