[Forum-BUG] Pasting pop-up

As you can see in the attached screenshot there is a discrepancy between what is posted, and what is shown in the editing window. I tried posting the lowest line, but then I got a pop-up that my browser, Firefox latest version, didn't allow pasting directly. Apparently I used it three times before giving up, as it didn't show up in the editing window. My guess would be that it does show up when I should switch to plain text editor.

Edit: when switching to plain text editor it does show up. See second screenshot (screenshot_6).

May I take this opportunity to suggest to run the whole forum with discourse? It has a much better usability, and certainly a better performance than the current forum.

I keep noticing loading times of several seconds when just clicking a forum post or the topic overview...

Jan

May I take this opportunity to suggest to run the whole forum with discourse? It has a much better usability, and certainly a better performance than the current forum.

Discourse is awesome! I'd totally second that!

Philipp

Hi,

Luuklag, I confirm this really weird bug. Alternative to your workaround is also to insert the preformatted code as a simple text with a loss of formatting (Ctrl + Shift + V) and apply the format after.

We are actually working on a better forum, good times are coming soon! :-)

Jan, Philipp, yes Discourse is in our top list as well ;-)

Best,

Oleg

What I however really like about this forum is the ease with which you can attach files to your posts. I think that is definetly something you guys should try to keep.

Good point! Fortunately e.g. the same Discourse does support attachments, so the feature is going to be kept.

Oleg

Hi Oleg,

We are actually working on a better forum, good times are coming soon! :-)

Jan, Philipp, yes Discourse is in our top list as well ;-)

Any news on this yet? Is the forum software going to be changed any time soon?

Cheers,

Jan