Generic Web Service Client - Runtime class of object is Number (double) does not comply with its supposed superclass String

Hi,

I have the latest KNIME 3.3.1. I'm trying to retrieve the data from SOAP web-service.

The Generic Web Service Client node reads the response structure, no problem, but when i try to retrieve the data, i get this error:

ERROR Generic Web Service Client 0:4        Execute failed: Runtime class of object "0.0" (index 53) in row "Row0" is Number (double) and does not comply with its supposed superclass String

The data type of that column is BigDecimal.

Also, i did not find the way to change column types in the response structure.

Any advise?

Maybe, i need to change decimal part separator somewhere in KNIME?

The data type of that column is BigDecimal.

Such a data type does not exist in KNIME (but it does in web services or at least in what gets generated by java tools that turn a soap service into temporary java proxy classes).

Just checked the code and BigDecimal in the web service should be turned into a 'double' column so the 'String' part in your error message points to the real problem (it shouldn't be string).

It's hard for me to diagnose the problem unless I can reproduce it (and even then...). There should be an option in the generic web service client node that outputs the result as an xml column. Maybe you can use that and then take it apart using the xpath nodes?

- Bernd

Hi Bernd,

Thank you for replying!

Yes, i explored XPath node and it does what i want with minimal effort.