Getting Additional Nodes Error

When attempting to perform the installation  Get Additional Nodes > Knime & Extensions (which includes 19 plugins/extensions)  I keep timing out with the following error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed

session context was:(profile=KNIMEProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).

Unable to read repository at http://www.knime.org/update/2.5/2.5.1/plugins/org.knime.ext.poi_2.5.0.0031590.jar.

Read timed out

Please help me understand what I can do to get these extensions installed.  It has timed-out at least 5 times.  Not sure what is causing this. 

Steven

This has been going on for months for me, it drives me crazy.

I dont understand what is wrong with the KNIME updating process these days, it just constantly gives these read timed out messages.

I posted something a while back about this, and still have this unresolved.

I wish I knew an answer for you. The updating process on KNIME really needs to be made more robust and more simplified to be honest.

Simon.

Your problems might be caused by a security module of our webserver. At least there are suspicious entries in the webserver log about rejected connections. Do you have a special setup behind a firewall or a proxy?

I loosened the settings a little bit and will keep this settings unless we are getting trouble with DOS attacks on our webserver due to the changed settings.

Please let me know if the changes helped or if you still get the same errors!

Dominik