Google Connectors Not Visible in Node Repository Using KNIME 4.2

Hi, one of our users had the Twitter and Google ‘Social Media’ group connectors installed in v4.1.3. He just updated to v4.2 and wanted to install them again. Find that the Twitter and Google extensions are now separate but installed as would expect. The Google node is not visible in the node repository however, under Social media group or elsewhere. When we look at the installed list it is visible however. I tried uninstalling the extension and this seemed to be successful, i.e. disappeared from the installed list. But then we reinstalled the Google connector extension and restart and the node again is missing from the node repository. Has this type of behaviour been observed by anyone else ? We will try to do a clean reinstall of 4.2 in the meantime…

Hi @Steve.Thornton,

yes. This sounds like a known issue in 4.2.0 which is planned to be solved with next release. Reinstall won’t help. Which OS is user running? Can you share log file after you open KNIME?

Br,
Ivan

Thanks for this update, I am having the same issue with Amazon (AWS) connectors. I assume it is related but if this should be a new topic let me know and I will create one.

Cheers,
Chance

Hi @chancecoble,

probably same issue so no need to start a new topic.

Someone will update this topic once fix is available.

Br,
Ivan

Thanks for the update. I spoke with the user and actually we’ve lost the trail a little now through multiple steps tried. It seems that the issue was observed for an install via a package created by our IT services. The user actually did a manual install from the KNIME site alongside this (different location) and it appears he has now managed to install the Google API, and has it visible in the node repository (puzzling given your reply : o). Sorry but I can’t give you a clear description of all the steps ending up at this point. We actually do have another issue with the KNIME HUB apparently being blocked by our IT systems but that’s another story - maybe for later…

Hi @Steve.Thornton,

I see. Glad to hear user found a way to get nodes. Known issue above mentioned is not applicable to every installation.

Br,
Ivan

Hi @Steve.Thornton, @chancecoble,

the discussed issue is fixed with KNIME version 4.2.1. Give it a try and let us know if you encounter any issues.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like