Google Spreadsheet Reader error: Could not retrieve spreadsheets. Check connection

I am using Google Spreadsheet Reader. With a valid Google Authentication and Google Sheet Connection node. But whenever I click on the Select button in the Google Spreadsheet Reader node, I get the following error msg: Could not retrieve spreadsheets. Check connection

Anyone else experiencing this issue? It used to work fine for me.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi there!

are you still experiencing this? Working fine for me. Maybe there is more information in you log so check there for start.

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Thanks @ipazin. After reviewing the logs, it turned out I didn’t have the correct scopes. Once I added the correct scopes, everything worked.

Thanks,
Saqib

1 Like

Logs are always a good start.
Glad it works now.
Ivan

please, when i try to WRITE on google sheets by google sheets writer node (flag: open after execution) it returns the error in the attached picture: permission needed.
please do you know what have i to do to see my sheet on my google account?
(i get correct API KEY, service account mail and scope).
thank you

Hi there!

Don’t understand Italian language but seems you are missing permissions…

Are you using Google Authentication node? Check you have chosen scopes you need in configuration window.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi @mike6969,

It looks like you’re logged in to a Google account in the browser that is different to the one you used in the Google Authentication node.

2 Likes

hi, i used the wrong node (Api Google authentication). with the correct one (Google authentication) all right.
thank you very much

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.