Google Translate and excel macro / knime node ?

Hi; Would it be possible to make the google translation macro made with a macro in Excel with a node on knime?

I have tried working on excel with excel maktor in the link below. If you make the language to be translated as β€œauto”, it automatically detects and translates to the language of your choice.

1- Can I use the macro with a knot on knime?
2- After transferring the data to excel, can I create an alternative way to read excel by translating on excel?

(Note that I can always use the same excel file as the source)

Your suggestions / suggestions or sample solutions will help me a lot in terms of developing solutions.

1 Like

Hi,
you can user Google Translator REST Api and call it fro knime node.
Here you can find specification and terms:
https://cloud.google.com/translate/docs/reference/rest
You have to create a Google Api connection and call rest services.

Bye bye!

3 Likes

Hi Umut,

Also available at my NodePit Space.

:blush:

5 Likes

Hi Armin; This was a great solution. You have created a knot that will benefit me and many. I congratulate you for doing this.

:knime: :100: :1st_place_medal:

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion.

1 Like

A few issues are fixed now:

Extracts both LTR and RTL languages
Removes more illegal characters

Thank you for your feedback.

4 Likes

It works great. Thanks again Armin :wink:

1 Like

The Component has been updated.

I was trying to use KNIME extensions only. But after a few feedbacks, I found it necessary to use the URL Encode node from Vernalis.

Great nodes @Vernalis, thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks Armin. Always good to know that people are finding them useful and interesting to see what else people use them for!

Steve

3 Likes

After receiving more feedbacks from @umutcankurt, I realized that using the HTTP Retriever node from Palladian is also necessary. Thanks to @qqilihq and his team for these great nodes. Just wanted to be grateful.

@umutcankurt I hope you are now completely satisfied with the Component.

4 Likes

Yes, Armin works absolutely smoothly. In my most recent test, there were no errors in 177,500 records data. At the same time, these data consisted of many different languages.

Thank you very much for your efforts and interest, Armin @armingrudd
:+1: :knime: :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.