Group By Node Application

Hello fellow KNIME users,

I have a question concerning the "Group By Node"

I´m currently grouping a dataset with four columns; two of them are of type integer and two of them are of type double.

One of the integer columns is used to group the dataset (successully!). I´m also using type based aggregation to calculate the mean of the [double] columns.  

The Problem:

The Group by-Node also Computes the Mean for the remaining integer column. Is there a way to avoid that? 

Thank you a lot for your help. I tried to fix this for an hour now...maybe I´m just not seeing something!

Oso

Hi Oso,

It depends on what do you want to do with the second integer column.

• If you want to group rows together with the first integer column, simply add it to Group Columns in the Groups tab.
  • If you want to aggregate it somehow, you have to choose the aggregation method you want to use. This can be done in the Manual Aggregation, Pattern Based Aggregation or Type Based Aggregation tabs. There you can choose what to do with this column (e.g. take the first occurence, the max, the min, etc.). For table containing a small number of columns I would suggest to use the Manual Aggregation tab.

Hope that helps,

Gio

Hi Oso,

It depends on what do you want to do with the second integer column.

• If you want to group rows together with the first integer column, simply add it to Group Columns in the Groups tab.
  • If you want to aggregate it somehow, you have to choose the aggregation method you want to use. This can be done in the Manual Aggregation, Pattern Based Aggregation or Type Based Aggregation tabs. There you can choose what to do with this column (e.g. take the first occurence, the max, the min, etc.). For table containing a small number of columns I would suggest to use the Manual Aggregation tab.

Hope that helps,

Gio