Have two license files...

I think I know the answer but wanted to at least give this a try…We’ve got Knime server large with 5 dev licenses now consumed.

A second license was bought, now we have two license files. Is there a way to combine the two in the server config (My guess is that’s a no). I had asked the purchaser to call sales to see if there was a way to combine them or ‘bump up’ the current license, I think this got lost in translation.

I understand that a license is consumed when the desktop app is connected to the server, this is a thing that wasn’t supposed to happen, but it did (the devs were supposed to be limited but everyone connected).

I see discussion about ‘deleting’ a user and letting it fall off after a week to reclaim a license, however, we’re connected to LDAP and only have one ‘user’ which is knimeadmin, everybody else comes in and is authenticated via LDAP. Is there any special guide to exactly how to remove a user from the server in this case?

I am wondering whether the upshot is that we’ll have to run two separate KNIME instances, is that the best way around this?

Cheers MC

0 Likes

If the second licenses was purchased to add more users to the system, then we will need to create you a license that combines them. Essentially a new license file.

An AD or LDAP based user will fall off if they have not logged in within the same period of time. If you want to prevent a user from logging in, you can explicitly set the LDAP users and groups that can log in as which type (users or consumer) within the knime-server.config file
https://docs.knime.com/2019-06/server_admin_guide/index.html#knime-server-configuration-file

KNIME Server will check the user against the username and group/role memberships with those outlined in the config file.

1 Like