Help with loops and variables please

I really appreciate the power of Knime, but I'm having a difficult time understanding loops and variables. I'm not quite sure where the main processing workflow should go in relation to the looping nodes. Here's what I'm trying to do:

I want to take all of the .csv files in a particular network folder and process them each through the same specific workflow. I then want to write the output to a table or cache that collects (or concatenates) all of the generated output files into a single file or table. After each file is processed I want to loop around and process the next file in the folder until all of the files have been processed and I have a single output file with all of the processed data. Hope that makes sense. It sounds simple but I need some help. Thanks in advance.

Jon T

Hi Jon T,

That a very good example for loops and variable support in KNIME: as soon as you have enabled the so-called expert mode in the knime.ini, you see additional nodes in the node repository view in KNIME and have full support for loops and flow variable enabled. I would recommend starting with the List Files node which generates a list of URLs from a given folder. From there connect to the Iterate List of Files meta-node and everything is setup. Hope this helps to get started?

Regards, Thomas

Thanks Thomas. I'm starting to get the hang of the loop/variable stuff.