Hide Excel Tab

Hi all, I am using the “Excel Sheet Appender (XLS)” node to overwrite an existing tab on an Excel file. I want to keep this tab as hidden, but every time I run the workflow the tab is unhidden by the node execution. Is there a way to keep the Excel tab hidden? Or is there a way to hide an Excel tab from KNIME?

This should be possible using the Python package openpyxl. You could modify this workflow.

ws.sheet_state = 'hidden'

Please note, all these settings are more administrative protections against accidental deletes. They do not offer any hardened protections.

https://openpyxl.readthedocs.io/en/stable/protection.html

3 Likes

Hi there @edwin_isensee,

welcome to KNIME Community!

To my knowledge it is not possible to hide a sheet with a KNIME node. As @mlauber71 suggested Python can be alternative.

Additionally there are Continental Nodes for KNIME which provide XLS Formatting functionalities. There is a XLS Sheet Properties node but doesn’t have this option.

@arbe maybe interested in this one?

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Thanks! It worked perfectly.

2 Likes

I checked the XLS Sheet Properties. Couldn’t find an option to hide a tab.
Tks

Hi @edwin_isensee,

:slightly_smiling_face:

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin,

Thanks for the notification. That could be a potential feature in the future. But my priority is on XLS formatting that modifies files newly written from within KNIME, not adding formatting to pre-existing ones. And I can’t think of a useful scenario where hidden sheets would make sense, at least as long as it is neither possible to write formulas.

Best regards

Arne

1 Like

Hi @arbe ,

I see. Tnx for looking into it :wink:

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.