Hive Connector Node Problem

Hi,

I am trying to use Hive Connector node to get connected to Cloudera VM machine. I have given the necessary details and i got an error

" Execute failed: Could not create connection to database: Connection timed out: connect"

Can anyone help me what will be the issue and how to get connected to that VM from KNIME installed in my windows.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasanna

Hi,

I assume you are running the Cloudera Quickstart VM locally on your laptop or PC? In this case, have you checked whether your VM forwards port 10000 from the guest OS (inside the VM) to the host OS of your laptop/PC?

Last time I checked, the Cloudera Quickstart VM did not have the port forwarding configured by default. Without the port forward it is impossible to connecto the Hiveserver2 running inside the VM.

Best,

Björn Lohrmann

Hi,

I am running Quickstart Vm through remote from my windows . Is it possible to enable the port forwarding? I am learner to linux and please give me some way to proceed further.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasanna

Hi,

> I am running Quickstart Vm through remote from my windows . Is it possible to enable the port forwarding? I am learner to linux and please give me some way to proceed further.

Sorry Prasanna, I am not quite sure I understand your setup.

If the Cloudera Quickstart VM does run on a remote server, you should talk to your server adminstrator, he/she needs to configure the port forward.

If the Cloudera Quickstart VM runs on your local laptop, your can configure the port forward yourself in Virtualbox (which I assume you are using). You can set the port forward in "Virtualbox Manager" by right-clicking on the Cloudera VM then Settings > Network > Adapter 1 > Advanced > Port Forwarding. Here you need to forward TCP Guest Port 10000 to Host Port 10000.

Best,

Björn

Hi,

Yeah sure i will ckeck in my side and i will look at it. Thanks for your reply Bjorn.

Regards,

Prasanna