homework help

The objective of the project is to develop a solution to classify wine quality (multi-class classification problem) of the wine. To evaluate the financial viability of the solution, assume that current quality requires the hiring of a wine expert that would cost $1500 to assess wine quality.

I need help in evaluating the feasibility of the best classification model (include total penalty if applying a penalty of -$5 if assigned each time the wine’s quality is misclassified.

I have my workflow started and the models, but am stuck in how to add the penalty etc.

using wine.csv file

Hi @ypalmadom,

Sounds like what you want to so ist introduce cost and profit. Maybe have a look here:

Best regards,
Paul

2 Likes

Hi Paul,

Thank you, I am using KNN Decision Tree and Random Forest algorithms in my model (need to decide which one is the best) From here is where I am stuck? I don’t know what to use to add the penalty?

Hi @ypalmadom,

sorry for the late reply, I´m on maternity leave and not often on my work station.
Could you share your workflow and the dataset than we look what we can do for you.

Best regards,

Paul

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.