How can I create dashboards with graphs from DB reader?

Hi everyone,
I connected a postgresql and I made joins, query etc…
Now I need to read table output from the DB in order to read file/table and prepare data for charts etc.
How can I do that? I need the DB reader? and then? a file reader? or from the db reader I can directly read data in order to make charts?

Thanks!

Hi there @giad,

DB Reader output’s port is black triangle which means data is read into KNIME and can be worked with in order to create charts, further manipulate it or write it down on you machine :wink:

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Thanks!
But how can I start to create a pie chart from db reader?
What should I connect to the DB reader?

Hi @giad,

how about Pie/Donut Chart node? :smiley:

You can go on KNIME Hub and search for nodes (&more!). When you inspect node there you will find listed example workflows with that node included. This way you can check how to use/configure/connect node in order to work :wink:

An if some node is not part of any workflow you are welcome to create one and upload it to KNIME Hub!

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

Many thanks
but with db reader I have a problem: it’s too slow…
is there an alternative?

Hi there @giad,

what do you mean when you say slow? How many records are you reading into KNIME and how long does it last?

You can always try increasing Fetch size parameter defined in connector node on Advanced tab. Also you can assign more memory to KNIME - https://www.knime.com/faq#q4_2

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Metanodes from Youtube video

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.